Subject: Cyber Storm Sweeeeeeeesh
From: ZAPA <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 1994 23:52:53 +0200 (IST)

All :)

I just started using the CyberStorm 040/40 accelerator on an A4000.
It's a german product. It replaces the CPU daughterboard and has a RAM 
module that could contain up to 128 MB RAM. Future add-ons include the
060 chip, an I/O module (SCSI II, Ethernet, serial) and a secondary 
cache module that should double the speed. Which means, at least in 
theory... 2 times A4000/40/25 * 3 times 060 chip * 2 times secondary 
cache = 12 times the speed of an A4000/40! It's half a Raptor for 1/5 the 
price!

But I digress. The real reason I write is to notify you that you may 
encounter LW problems when using this card with the PD utility ForceMonitor.
We added three 4 MB SIMMs and one 8 MB SIMM to the card, and when I 
entered Modeler it started saying 'Not enough memory for that operation'. 
Mind you, we had over 16 megs available... 
After long hours of frustration, SIMM switching and hair pulling, we 
eventually (and accidently) shut off ForceMonitor and our problems were 
resolved. It worked fine ever since. 

Well, I like this card. I had it for two days, and I hope it's not going 
to give me any trouble other than what I mentioned. I think it's worth 
the (relatively cheap) price.

Nir Hermoni, Israel
[email-masked]